Director Finance Planning & Analysis
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
Director of Finance Planning & Analysis
· Partnering with the VP, FP&A to deliver key financial information and analysis throughout the organization.
· Prepare clear, metric-based, financial plans/forecasts including projections, annual budgets, long range plans, and related updates.
· Analyze financial and operational results versus forecast and plan, investigate significant variances, and communicate findings to senior management team.
· Organize financial benchmarking, including executive reporting of key performance indicators.
· Identify trends, summarize findings, and provide recommendations from analysis, including research and collaboration with non-finance personnel.
· Support internal and external financial and management reporting.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams on major company initiatives from the financial perspective, including but not limited to, operational efficiency evaluations, cost saving opportunities, capital expenditure decisions, vendor selection and negotiation, etc.
· Develop consulting relationship with senior management and provide value-added financial analysis and support of business reviews and decisions.
· Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to junior FP&A staff in order to achieve team, department and company results.
· Detailed understanding of financial budgeting and forecasting concepts and modeling. Ability to employ complex analytical tools and statistics to perform analysis and forecasting of financial and other business information.
· Demonstrated ability to use technology to gather, clean, extract and transfer information/data.
· Able to make quantitative and qualitative assessments of data.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuously changing, environment.
· Commitment to the leadership and development of team members while fostering a positive, collaborative work culture.
· Demonstrated ability to work within ambiguity, identify and solve complex problems.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience interfacing with senior management.
· Ability to effectively handle multiple competing priorities and manage deadlines under pressure.
· Works with integrity in a manner consistent with Client’s values and ethics.
· High accountability that delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or similar quantitative field of study; Master’s Degree preferred.
· 8-12 years of financial planning and analysis experience, with public company experience preferred.
· Strong knowledge of consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, distribution or retail industries preferred.
· Strong experience in the development of business reporting infrastructure.
· Strong ERP systems experience, Advanced Excel skills are a must.
· Advanced knowledge of GAAP. Experience with IFRS preferred.