Senior Network Engineer
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Network EngineerApply for this Job
IF INTERESTED PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL ME ASAP 623-385-4797 / JSTAZZONE@JUDGE.COM
Perform in senior technical role in supporting the current data center telecom and network environment for hosted applications. Provide leadership in the areas of campus telephony, specifically Cisco UC version 11.x or newer, administer Cisco equipment, IPsec VPNs, and provide leadership with active campus projects, including demarc relocation and data center power down.
ITS provides high touch, high quality customer service to our community of faculty, staff, and students. We are looking for a results-oriented Senior Telecom Engineer to bring strong skills and experience to our diverse team. The Senior Telecom Engineer:
• Is responsible for telephony operations in a single campus environment of forty buildings with 2,000+ VoIP phones, 700+ analog devices and 6 unique call centers. Requires extensive hands-on experience supporting multiple Cisco telephony services in a virtual server environment including phone configuration, voicemail, call center, analog phone service, and emergency broadcast functionality.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills with both the interdisciplinary team and ITS groups to ensure operational effectiveness.
• Is a self-starter possessing sound judgment, strong problem-solving skills, and is able to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences.
• Enjoys designing systems to meet business requirements and tackling complex analysis and design efforts.
• Has strong technical skills, an inquisitive and positive nature, and is able to balance shifting priorities for the greatest positive impact.
• Customer Focus: Delivers exemplary service that meets and exceeds all customers' expectations.
• Ethics and Integrity: Adheres to Seattle University values, beliefs, and principles in all aspects of this position.
• Composure: Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations.
• Motivated/Results Oriented: Fantastic record of personal drive and the determination to succeed.
• Listening Skills: Must be an active listener to insure client and team needs are fully understood and met.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• General Responsibilities: Engineer level role and works under minimal supervision.
• General knowledge and skills: Advanced knowledge and skills. Works on complex and often multiple projects. May mentor/oversee less experienced team members.
• Independent judgement and decision making: Significant / within domain
• Inclusive excellence: Reasonably knowledgeable. Models and leads various efforts. Vocal spokesperson.
• Institutional knowledge: Thoroughly knowledgeable regarding the IT Services function and basic understanding of key university goals and measures.
• Communication: Independent communication with defined campus stakeholders. Coach entry level staff.
• Position specific responsibilities:
o Configure, troubleshoot and maintain VoIP phone service utilizing:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) cluster v11.5
Cisco Unity Connection v11.5
Cisco Prime License Manager v11.5
o Configure, troubleshoot and maintain call center functionality utilizing:
Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) v11.5
o Configure, troubleshoot and maintain emergency broadcast notification utilizing Informacast v11.5
o Configure, troubleshoot and maintain 911 emergency call location utilizing Cisco Emergency Responder (CER) v11.5
o Configure, troubleshoot and maintain internal analog phone service for 700+ devices including wall phones, indoor/outdoor emergency phones, elevator phones, security alarm panels and fire alarm panels utilizing Cisco VG224 and VG350 analog gateways and Avaya IP Office.
o Configure, troubleshoot and maintain Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Cisco ISR voice routers.
o Configure, troubleshoot and maintain call handoff to PRI circuits with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Cisco 2921 and 2951 ISR voice routers.
o Configure and maintain appropriate monitoring functions with Cisco Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT).
o Maintain user records and reports in the MTS call accounting system to ensure correct billing to customer departments.
o Direct the work activities of junior engineers and student workers.
o Promptly resolve telecom circuit issues with service provider(s).
o Respond to critical support issues outside of work hours as needed.
o Participate in monthly after-hours maintenance activities as needed to keep telephony services properly patched and upgraded.
o Plan and manage telephony projects, ensuring deliverables are provided on schedule.
o Track the service needs of our diverse user community and provide recommendations on future telephony services, vendor platforms, and hosting environments including Cloud services.
o Maintain device licensing to ensure maximum functionality while minimizing license count(s).
o Maintain documentation of cable tie and cross-connect records, UC system configuration, Call Accounting, E911.
o Develop and document processes and procedures for telecom services.
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity, and the ability to live out the university’s mission, vision, and values.
• A bachelor’s degree and four years previous experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Minimum 4 years hands-on experience supporting:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) version 10 or higher, with 500 or more users
Cisco Unity Connection version 10 or higher
Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) version 10 or higher
Informacast version 10 or higher
Cisco Emergency Responder (CER) version 10 or higher.
• Hands-on experience creating, modifying, and troubleshooting scripts and call menus in Contact Center Express (UCCX).
• Hands-on experience maintaining multiple Avaya IP500 Expansion modules and Avaya IP Office version 10 with SIP trunk connections to CUCM for select analog device connectivity.
• Hands-on experience maintaining Cisco 2921 and 2951 ISR voice routers with VWIC-2 T1 cards interfacing with CUCM.
• Basic understanding of VMware as the hosting environment for telephony services.
• Maintain the MTS call accounting system, currently hosted on a virtual Windows server.
• Hands-on experience monitoring systems and services with SolarWinds.
• Strong understanding of IPv4 addressing, MAC addresses, Multicast, VLANS, DHCP, DNS.
• Hands-on experience with punch down tools and TS30 telephone line tester (butt set).
• Basic understanding of Cisco UCS hardware and functionality.
• Intermediate Excel experience: format and print spreadsheet, manipulate numeric or text data with SUM, COUNTIF, CLEAN, CONCATENATE, VLOOKUP. Filter and Sort. Conditional formatting. Import text file.
• Intermediate Word experience: format and print document, apply styles, create tables, insert graphic files, create table of contents, apply watermark.
• Intermediate Outlook experience: create Calendar appointments with multiple participants, create Task events, create Contacts, configure Out of Office automatic replies.
• Ability to communicate with all individuals in a professional and courteous manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities concurrently.
• Ability to quickly change task focus based on changing needs of the institution.
• Applicable Cisco certifications and/or Cisco network knowledge a plus.
• Experience migrating UC phone service from ISDN PRI lines to SIP trunk(s) a plus.
• Proven ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Must be a self-starter with attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to adhere to project specifications and timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to produce effective, professional, and accurate written correspondence.
• Personal accountability for project timelines and milestones.
• Ability to work successfully individually and in a team-oriented environment.
• Commitment to service.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
• All positions at Seattle University require a criminal history background check.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Project management experience.
• Applicable training courses and/or certifications are a plus.
• Cisco network support experience is a plus.
• Experience with Cherwell ticket system a plus.
IF INTERESTED PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL ME ASAP 623-385-4797 / JSTAZZONE@JUDGE.COM