|Location:||Blue Hills, CT|
Job Title: Hadoop Developer
Location: Bloomfield, CT
Duration: 6+ Months
This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
This Hadoop Developer will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
· Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios Continuously improve software engineering practices
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
· Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
· Work on a variety of development projects on a Hadoop platform
· Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements
· Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
· Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects
· Support other team members in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in automation testing of developed systems/solutions
· Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
· Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
· Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
· 5+ years of experience with Big Data tools and technologies including working in a Production environment of a Hadoop Project.
· 3+ years of experience with SQL, Hive, Impala, Oozie, HDFS, Hue, Git, Mapreduce and Sqoop.
· 2+ years of Programming experience in Python or any Object Oriented Programming.
· 2+ years in Test Driven Development (TDD), and/or Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is a plus
· Big Data Development using Hadoop Ecosystem including Pig, Hive and other Cloudera tools.
· Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to a Big Data environment.
· Experience with large-scale distributed applications.
· Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
· Prefer experience with Cloudera Hadoop distribution components and custom packages.
· Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience.
· Excellent planning, organization, communication and thought leadership skills.
· Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
· Proven ability to mentor and coach junior team members.
· Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
· Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.