Program Manager IV
Our client is currently seeking a Program Manager IV for Durham, NC with the duration of 12+ Months with good possibility of extension.Apply for this Job
In this position, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of complex projects that are considered highly cross-functional, business-critical or customer-impacting.
- Projects may include:
- overhauling existing business support systems & tools;
- developing and launching new products;
- implementing price changes for existing products and customers;
- deploying new field operations procedures;
- deploying new customer premises equipment — and more.
- Partner closely with colleagues from Customer Service, Engineering, Network Deployment and Operations, Sales and Marketing, Legal, Government Relations, HR, Communications, and other functions to ensure full project operational readiness.
- Leverage your excellent foundational project management skills. Create and fastidiously track/document project timelines, status and risks. Lead meetings, take notes, distribute and monitor AIs. Anticipate and creatively solve — or escalate — roadblocks when they arise, to ensure on-time project completion. Build consensus where disagreement arises. Regularly present on the status of your projects to organizational leadership.
- Influence product and business strategy when appropriate, in order to ensure that projects are making progress and remain in alignment with overall business goals.
- Oversee system readiness testing, or “SRT” (does it technically work end to end in a field environment) and market readiness testing or “MRT” (can we operationally support with sales, Customer support, billing etc. in an end to end in a field environment).
- Act as the ultimate protector of the customer to ensure nothing is launched without being ready operationally as well as technically. Drive a culture of “no surprises” — ensuring all parties who are directly involved with projects, and even those who are not, are aware of project status, and ripple effects, long before any changes occur.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of relevant work experience in program/project management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Fiber Product Area and/or the ISP/Cable business.
- Experience implementing billing platforms and features.
- Experience managing new product and feature launches within a complicated systems & tools environment.