Share this post
Keep Your Workforce Safe: Medical Screening Services
As America continues to work towards flattening the curve, Judge is playing a crucial role in helping healthcare organizations secure medical professionals to contend with the influx of COVID-19 patients.
But what about industries outside of healthcare, who must also continue providing essential services to Americans? We’ve already seen strikes take place across America, with workers demanding safer conditions. Calling this an “understandable concern” would be a gross understatement. So the question is a simple one:
How can companies and organizations maximize the overall safety of their work environments?
The answer — or at least one of them — is by employing COVID-19 medical screeners at work-sites.
What are COVID-19 medical screeners?
Medical screeners are certified nursing and medical assistants placed by a staffing agency, responsible for “screening” employees’ state of physical health — particularly at work environments in which physical separation (6 feet or more) is difficult to guarantee. Medical screeners are provided on an as-needed basis by Judge’s healthcare division.
Judge carefully vets, hires, and trains medical screeners, identifying qualified applicants able to work first, second, and third shifts.
Why are medical screeners important?
When it comes to limiting the community spread of COVID-19, early detection, patient isolation, and medical assistance are all critical steps recommended by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and others. By employing trained medical screeners, companies will significantly enhance their ability to identify & remove potentially sick employees from the workforce, help them seek immediate medical assistance, and maximize the overall safety of their work environment.
Additionally, having a COVID-19 screener is looking like the new normal for the foreseeable future. Just because businesses and offices will be allowed to reopen their doors, it doesn’t mean the threat of COVID-19 will go away. Once remote employees start reporting back to the office, screening them will be critical for keeping your employees healthy and your office/business open.
What do they do?
- Maintain Enter & Exit logs of all employees
- Ask state-of-health questions to employees
- Perform temperature checks
- Assign “pass” or “fail” assessment, sending “fail” employees home, and notifying a client point-of-contact (POC) immediately.
- Send end-of-day/shift reports to a POC
Who is responsible for what?
- Recruiting: Judge Healthcare taps into its massive database to find the ideal local candidates to work on-site.
- Training: Judge fully prepares the employees it places, leveraging a CDC recommended process for checking the temperatures of those who enter and exit.
- Scheduling: Judge handles the scheduling of screeners in shifts throughout the day.
- Recommending: Judge offers advice about appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, as well as tips for setting up of a screening tent or structure.
- Setting up the physical screening station (i.e. tents/structure/desks, etc.)
- Supplying Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE disposal container
- Preferred method for documentation
Judge healthcare has been sourcing, vetting, and hiring talent in the healthcare industry for decades. Major allied healthcare companies trust Judge Healthcare to fill their staffing needs. During the COVID-19 crises, Judge has filled positions for ICU, ER & MS, Telemetry, and PCU nurses. Our experts have also placed primary, advanced practice, and critical care physicians, as well as respiratory therapists across the nation.
COVID-19 is dangerous for many reasons, including the potential seriousness of its symptoms, as well as its high rate of transmission. Whereas transitioning to remote work is a great solution for many organizations, for some essential services it’s no solution at all.
Share this post
Keep in Touch
Join Our Winning Team
Let’s Continue the Conversation.
Tell us how we can help you and we’ll be in touch soon.