Microsoft Build 2020 – What we’re most excited about
Q: How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Not our problem; it's a hardware issue.
Developer jokes aside, if you planned to attend Microsoft Build 2020 starting on May 19th, you were undoubtedly excited to network with colleagues, learn about brand new tools, and be among some of the most innovative minds in the world.
Unfortunately, even the most elite de-buggers haven’t been able to eliminate the COVID-19 virus. At least not yet.
But all is not lost! Microsoft is going virtual! If there is any silver lining here, it’s that you won’t need to leave the comfort of your own couch to attend one of the most important technology events of the year. The conference will begin on May 19th at 8 a.m. PT, will last for 48 hours, and the content is free. So, what’s left to think about?
Here are some of the things Judge is most excited about.
- CEO Satya Nadella will kick off the event, welcoming all developers. His conversation will center around empowering developers in the midst of unprecedented societal challenges. Meanwhile, Scott Guthrie (Vice President of the Cloud and AI group at Microsoft) will speak about the future of Al and the latest cloud innovations. This will be a great way to learn about the newest cloud solutions for Microsoft Azure.
- Rajesh Jha (Executive Vice President at Microsoft) will discuss building tools to help companies deal with the current state of affairs — especially for remote working and learning. This is a chance to learn about overcoming some of the tribulations of working from home, including how to share knowledge with peers and coworkers, and how to stay connected.
- Donovan Brown (Principal DevOps Manager for Microsoft's Cloud Developer Advocacy Team) is introducing the Microsoft Cloud Skills Challenge. All attendees are welcome to participate, and prizes are on the line! The event will support charitable global causes, and participants will complete online modules. This is a great opportunity for developers with a competitive drive. Find a full list of featured speakers here.
- Live Q&A sessions will occur on both days. Here, you can hear Microsoft leaders answer questions from your fellow developers. Here, you can shape the event’s content by submitting questions about Microsoft’s latest developments and future directions.
- Last, even though the event is virtual, there will be time to socialize, exchange ideas, and mix and mingle. So, pour a glass of your favorite drink, meet some new friends and catch up with longtime colleagues.
Microsoft Build 2020 is coming! It will be quite a bit different this time around, but it will still be filled with diverse content, activities and speakers, 1:1 expert guidance, and new ways to get involved with the developer community. All of this, from the comfort of your own home.
'See' you at Build!
Keep in Touch
Join Our Winning Team
Let’s Continue the Conversation.
Tell us how we can help you and we’ll be in touch soon.