- The IT Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for understanding the business needs and analyzing, validating and documenting the business processes and IT system requirements. The IT BA will work independently and/or in close collaboration with the his/hers IT peers in conjunction with business partners to ensure proposed processes and systems respond to the business requirements and align to the overall business & IT strategy.
- The IT BA performs feasibility and process analysis, scopes projects, helps formulate business case, and works with the other IT teams to prioritizes deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities. In addition, the IT BA may also support the development of test cases and scenarios, training materials, participates in the implementation, and provides post-implementation support. They may lead mid-level projects and advise other IT Analysts and be responsible for project or task management and issues related to implementing and establishing technical standards and procedures.
- The IT BA understands Standard Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and process improvement methodologies, has analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, and can explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- • Knowledgeable about the strategies, goals, actions and work processes of the business/system/service/operations s/he works with.
- • Conduct analysis of business or technical user needs, documenting requirements and developing system specifications.
- • Suggest changes using analytics to support recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- • Develop and execute test plans to confirm user requirements.
- • Provide IT support for mid-level to complex business or technical activities.
- • Act as a liaison between IT and end users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction.
- • Able to adapt and/or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
- • Well versed in specific industry best practices, and an ability to adapt them to TNC’s organization.
- • Able to work effectively across multiple mid-level to complex projects.
- • Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for IT tasks.
- • Write and maintain detailed systems documentation, including user procedures and job aids.
- • Translate user/or systems requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- • Establish control policies in accordance with best practices and define benchmarks and measures.
- • Ensure proper coordination and collaboration with other teams.
- • Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- • Willing to travel and work flexible long hours and on the weekend.
- • Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- • Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business or related field and/or combined equivalent of education and experience.
- • 5 years of experience supporting as a business or technical professional in Information Technology or a related feild
- • Experience in defining and documenting complex systems requirements.
- • Experience in analyzing and document business processes.
- • Experience in communicating effectively with internal and external audiences.
- • Experience with Unit4 Business World highly desired
- • Implementing and/or upgrading one or more modules of an ERP system
- • Performing data analysis for an ERP system
- • Design and configuration of an ERP system
- • Leading the analysis and resolution of issues in an ERP system
- • Analyzing and reengineering financial modules and business processes in an ERP system
- • Experience with the development and execution of test plans.
- • Exceptional customer service skills.
- • Strong dedication to the development of successful customer outcomes.
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- • Excellent time management skills.
- • Demonstrated team-building skills.
- • Ability and desire to mentor and train others.
- • Supervisory experience or experience managing a team of peer professionals.
- • Vendor management experience.
- • Experience with accounting systems, accounting functions, or grants management functions.
- • Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated