Sr. Software Engineer-Site Reliability Engineering
|Type:||Temp to Hire|
|Location:||Eden Prairie, MN|
Our client is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position?
- Serve as a subject matter expert to internal stakeholders on all aspects of the Site Reliability Engineering discipline, driving reliability into various systems requiring support
- Mentor other Software Engineers, focusing on methods to drive reliability and influence design & direction
- Drive results through increasing reliability of applications and failover capabilities
- Influencing and contributing to multiple applications to target and maintain 99.99+% reliability
- Lead change and innovation - pursue opportunities to adopt new technologies and drive adoption to enhance business outcomes - drive and mange high-quality execution
- Design and execute resiliency tests. Analyze results and identify possible improvements. Repeat.
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and enabling Automation within development teams
- Java (Object Oriented Programming), Spring Boot, REST and SOAP services
- Container technologies: Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
- Databases: RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle) and NoSQL variants
- Operational and APM Tools like New Relic, Dynatrace, Datadog, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana
- CI/CD and Autotation tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Git
What skills/attributes are a must have?
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills. Desire to continuously improve.
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
- Performance tuning, Chaos testing