|Salary:||Flexible C2C or W2|
Location: Downtown Detroit
Duration: 2+ years (open ended)
Interview: Phone, Skype or in person if local
Start Date: ASAP
Open to C2C and W2 (No OPT or CPT candidates please)
Be able to quickly get on board by bringing in past experience in RDBMS skills and strong analytical ability. Work on a 7X24 on-call rotation basis. Work with a team of experienced DBAs in a collaborative and supportive manner. Need to be highly process centric with eye for continuous improvement. Flexibility and ability to prioritize quickly is important . High technical skillset is an expectation. Experience in disk management, performance tuning and troubleshooting will be an asset. Bachelor's Degree in a related field (I.e., MIS, CIS) and at least five years of related IT experience OR at least ten years of related IT experience without the Bachelor's Degree.
Prefer solid background and experience in DB2 databases with good working knowledge of partitioning, performance tuning, HADR, backup/recovery and Unix scripting. Knowledge of SAP, OPTIM, Warehousing, TOAD, Maestro a plus, Oracle experience a plus
Required / Desired Skills
Bachelor Degree Technology or Science Highly desired
DB2 Required 6 Years
Unix Scripting Required 2 Years
Oracle preferred 3 Years
General Roles and Responsibilities:
- Database security, health checks, capacity optimization, and database operations
- High Availability and failover maintenance, incident management, change/release management and security management.
- DBA Tools management.
- Perform all activities related to Patch Management
- Database performance standardization
- Install, configure and patch DB Servers
- Administer and monitor the DB Environment.
- Troubleshoot DB and support infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain continuous compliance to information security policies and technical standards, report and remediation of non-compliances.
- Remediate vulnerabilities identified as part of regular scanning, audits and independent assurance
- Manage database back-ups per established policies
- Work afterhours and weekends to complete IT projects and initiatives as needed
- Provide emergency on-call work as necessary
Please send qualified resume to: email@example.com