Program Manager I
|Location:||Mountain View, CA|
- Both roles are exact with only distinction being that TPM needs to have some strong Eng background and manager is open to either candidate.
- New Product Operations is pivotal to the fast-paced development and launch of Advanced Technology and Products (ATAP) products. This is a R&D environment very fast paced work environment.
- As an Operations Program Manager, the ideal candidate will be the primary manufacturing interface for new hardware products.
- S/he must be well versed in working with CMs/ODMs, and they will ensure products are designed and built to high standards of functionality and quality.
- S/he will define and implement processes to mitigate risk, improve efficiency, while maintaining fast production flow.
- This individual will balance the compliance requirements the team faces with the urgent and dynamic needs of engineering teams, its customers, and the company as a whole.
- This candidate will work closely with the developers, engineers, executive team, product ops lead, finance, legal, manufactures, and operations teams to project manage production for ATAP releases and will be responsible for the end-to-end process (scoping, analysis, system implementation, and project managing contributions of cross functional individuals).
- There is international travel mandatory, about 35%-50% of the time to Asia.
- Manage and optimize overall product manufacturing costs including BOM, MVA, Warranty, etc
- Drive overall operations readiness throughout the PDP cycle with engineering, operations, and contact manufacturing teams
- Engage with contract manufacturing partners in planning and executing development builds along with new product ramps, Manage CM RFP and SOW process
- Drive capacity planning and manufacturing equipment readiness for all build events
- Coordinate on-site reviews along with cross functional teams to assess factory build readiness
- Lead regular reviews and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure scope and alignment with overall
- system schedule
- Drive cross-functional teams to optimize the supply chain for specific strategic reasons, while accounting for
- risks, changes in schedule or demand
- Ensure all risks associated with product are identified and closed or mitigated to enable the quality ramp of a
- Managing all operational issues; escalating key issues and present options for resolution to the cross-functional
* Process-driven individual
* Has exceptional communication skills
* Hands-on experience in a highly variable, fast-paced environment.
* Organized and detail-oriented while managing several work-streams
* Natural leader
* Excels in program management
* Communicates clearly and consistently with ease at all levels
* Thrives in an ambiguous environment.
- Someone who thrives on new technology and wants to be at the epicenter of the next new best must have gadget/product.
- Someone who comes from a startup would probably thrive in this group.
- Anyone who has worked in consumer electronics and or contract manufacturing.
- Any type of product development experience is welcomed.
- Must be organized and capable of project management.
- Also must be okay working on something for weeks only to have the project scrapped and then bring enthusiastic energy and efforts to the next project.
- Team culture is Fail fast iterate.
Mandatory Top 3 Skills: 1. Clear, concise, and consistent communication verbal, written, and spoken across all platforms. email , GVC, phone 2. Ability to adapt. Must be okay with working on something only to have the concept rejected and immediately start working on the next idea. 3 . Team Player * BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or similar field (or equivalent practical experience)
* 8-10 years’ experience in production * Good at solving puzzles * Experience managing and collaborating with global offshore contract manufacturers and component suppliers * Experience in leading production ramp and new product introductions of consumer electronics. * Familiar with consumer electronics product development cycle and mass production challenges * 8+ years of industry experience in New Product Introduction or Manufacturing Operations * Significant analytical skills, results oriented, detail focused, and leadership experience * Able to travel internationally, as needed
Master’s Degree UX Experience Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineer.
Must be able to understand design changes and be able to speak the engineer and developers language even though they will not be developing or designing anything.