The Dos and Don’ts of Holiday Office Parties
It's that time of year again – sparkly store windows, festive front doors, peppermint-flavored everything, and holiday office parties taking over our calendars. Whether it's a casual midday outing or a more formal affair, there are some universal "dos and don'ts" that apply across the board. Here are our top 5:
- Don't flake out. Even if you have another party that night or the location isn't your typical scene, it's important to show up for at least 30-60 minutes to express respect and thanks to your employer and colleagues.
- Do remember that even though it's a party, it's still business.Don't kill the fun by discussing deadlines and projects all night, but do keep the conversation HR-approved.
- Don't abuse any open bar privileges. It may be tempting to let loose, but it's not worth risking your reputation (or job!) just to try every drink on the menu.
- Do dress appropriately and conservatively. Jeans are fine for a bowling event, but leave your ratty college tee-shirt at home. A reserved room at a five-star restaurant calls for more upscale attire, but don't show too much skin or wear anything too flashy.
- Lastly, do enjoy yourself and have a great time! Take advantage of being able to get to know your coworkers better and reflect on a job well done. After all, the best results come from a team that works well together.
By: The Judge Group
Keep in Touch
Join Our Winning Team
Let’s Continue the Conversation.
Tell us how we can help you and we’ll be in touch soon.