Employee Learning Week: Participate, Evaluate, Celebrate
In this month’s blog, we focus on Employee Learning Week. Running from December 3rd to December 8th this year, it is a global awareness campaign to highlight the important connection between a highly skilled workforce and organizational results.1
Here are some ways to get involved and demonstrate your commitment to workplace learning:
- Encourage employees to attend a course or program that will enhance their skills
- Hold an education fair or “lunch and learn” to showcase learning opportunities
- Help employees create an individualized training and development plan
- Involve the CEO and senior executives in recognizing the value of learning to the organization
- Submit a proclamation request to local government officials to promote your events and activities
A recent study found that 96% of learning and development leaders are searching for methods to improve data gathering and analysis on training; however, only 17% currently measure impact.2 In a competitive economy, tangible metrics like employee retention, improved quality, and increased productivity are more critical than ever. Work with your vendor-partner to discuss emerging skills gaps and identify the business results that indicate an effective learning solution.
Take time to reflect and celebrate your accomplishments. Hold a wrap-up session with your team to talk about their best learning experiences of the year – it’s a great way to foster a sense of closure and prepare for future challenges. Brainstorm ideas to keep the energy going. Employee learning is a year-round event!
2Overton, L. & Dixon, G. (2016). Making an impact: How L&D leaders can demonstrate value
By: Suzanne Couture, M.Ed, APTD
Keep in Touch
Join Our Winning Team
Let’s Continue the Conversation.
Tell us how we can help you and we’ll be in touch soon.