Share this post
Employee Learning Week: Participate, Evaluate, Celebrate
In this month’s blog, we focus on Employee Learning Week. Running from December 3rd to December 8th this year, it is a global awareness campaign to highlight the important connection between a highly skilled workforce and organizational results.1
Here are some ways to get involved and demonstrate your commitment to workplace learning:
- Encourage employees to attend a course or program that will enhance their skills
- Hold an education fair or “lunch and learn” to showcase learning opportunities
- Help employees create an individualized training and development plan
- Involve the CEO and senior executives in recognizing the value of learning to the organization
- Submit a proclamation request to local government officials to promote your events and activities
A recent study found that 96% of learning and development leaders are searching for methods to improve data gathering and analysis on training; however, only 17% currently measure impact.2 In a competitive economy, tangible metrics like employee retention, improved quality, and increased productivity are more critical than ever. Work with your vendor-partner to discuss emerging skills gaps and identify the business results that indicate an effective learning solution.
Take time to reflect and celebrate your accomplishments. Hold a wrap-up session with your team to talk about their best learning experiences of the year – it’s a great way to foster a sense of closure and prepare for future challenges. Brainstorm ideas to keep the energy going. Employee learning is a year-round event!
2Overton, L. & Dixon, G. (2016). Making an impact: How L&D leaders can demonstrate value
By: Suzanne Couture, M.Ed, APTD
Share this post
Keep in Touch
Join Our Winning Team
Let’s Continue the Conversation.
Tell us how we can help you and we’ll be in touch soon.