|Location:||La Puente, CA|
Work schedule Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM. Preferably someone with an engineering degree that is driven and motivated.Apply for this Job
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Supervises and coordinates activities of Environmental Department personnel in the safe operation, minor repair, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of environmental control equipment as well as related environmental mitigation and control activities within the plant by performing the following duties.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Comply with all environmental, health, and safety programs.
• Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and coordinate the work of Environmental Department Operators.
• Communicate company policies to workers; enforce safety and environmental regulations; conduct crew briefs, safety and communication meetings.
• Perform various administrative duties such as time cards, production reports, and safety reports.
• Analyze and assist in the resolution of work and personnel problems. Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Establish schedules and methods for providing environmental control equipment maintenance services.
• Identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
• Conduct daily inspections to ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations/policies with deficiencies reported and scheduled for correction.
Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures; participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
Monitor, control and order supplies, tools and equipment as necessary; prepare specifications and submit requisitions for equipment and contract services.
• Train or coordinate training in facility maintenance and safety methods, procedures, and techniques.
• Develop and organize preventive maintenance and safety inspection programs for all Environmental Control equipment.
• Participate in and lead JTE team activities; coaching employees in Lean Manufacturing rules and principles
• Initiate the creation and/or revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) to install consistency with direct reports
• Coordinate with and/or oversee contractors providing contract services.
• Other duties as assigned.
III. PRE-HIRE REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience with Environmental Control equipment maintenance, repair, and operation.
• Materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and operation of Environmental Control Equipment.
• Pertinent knowledge of local, state and federal environmental laws, ordinances, codes, and rules relating to secondary smelting operations.
• Two years of college level course work in business, management, environmental, engineering, or a related field with regulatory requirements, or equivalent.
• Three-four years of supervisory experience, preferably in environmental related operations. • Excellent oral and written communication skills
IV. POST-HIRE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• Familiarization with environmental control equipment maintenance, operations, and activities.
• Safety training for applicable equipment and assigned tasks.
• Job instructional training, including internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory requirements
• Quality system familiarization
• EMS ISO 14001 awareness. Plant EMS objectives and targets
• Significant environmental air aspects and impacts
• Active participation and support of plant JTE initiatives and activities.
V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this fob include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works in high precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. The employee must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment.