The healthcare industry is booming, and it is projected to continue growing in the years to come. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the healthcare industry to grow 16% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.6 million new jobs.1 That’s great news if you are just graduating or plan to pursue a career in healthcare. If you are interested in a career in healthcare and are curious to know which healthcare jobs will be in high demand in 2022 and beyond, keep reading!
There is a great deal of flexibility in the travel nursing field! You can choose to work for a specific length of time at each facility, or you can travel to multiple facilities throughout the year. Travel nurses are registered nurses who often work in areas with a shortage of nurses, such as rural regions or inner-city hospitals.
- Travel nurses often make more money than staff nurses because they are in very high demand and you can receive living expenses.
- As a travel nurse, you will have the opportunity to see different parts of the country – or even the world.
- You will gain a wealth of experience by working in different healthcare settings.
- You may have to work long hours and provide care for a large number of patients.
- You may be away from home for long periods of time.
- You may sometimes need to deal with strained working conditions, such as a shortage of staff or resources.
Occupational Therapy Assistants
Another healthcare career in high demand are occupational therapy assistants. Occupational therapy assistants work with patients with disabilities or injuries that prevent them from performing daily activities. They help patients regain independence by teaching them how to perform everyday tasks, such as dressing, bathing, and eating.
- You will be able to work with clients of all ages in a variety of settings.
- Occupational therapist assistants are in high demand and have great earning potential.
- Unlike some medical assistant fields heavy in administrative and office work, you will have lots of patient interaction.
- The work can be challenging, both emotionally and physically.
- The education required to become an occupational therapy assistant can take longer than 24 months.
- You will need to take the NBCOT to obtain licensure and become employed.
Physical Therapist Assistant
A physical therapist assistant is another healthcare career in high demand in 2022. Physical therapist assistants work with patients contending with physical injuries or disabilities. They help patients regain strength and mobility, by providing exercise and therapy programs.
- You will help people regain their strength and mobility.
- Despite moderate educational requirements, PTAs are paid an average of $59,440 a year (could be more or less depending on which state you are in).2
- Since PTAs are in high-demand, you will have an easier time securing a job than many other fields.
- You must often work under supervision, with limited decision making power.
- Your position may require heavy workloads and long hours.
- You will need physical strength to help patients who may have difficulty moving, and be able to set up heavy equipment, like traction machines and weights.
Conclusion: 3 In-Demand Healthcare Careers (2022 List)
The healthcare field is ever-growing, and there are many healthcare jobs in high demand today. These careers offer flexibility, as well as the opportunity to help people improve their quality of life. If you are thinking about a career in healthcare, consider one of the above-mentioned jobs! Contact us for more information.
How to Become a Medical Coder
Medical coders are an essential part of the healthcare industry and are also in high demand. Employment of medical records specialists is projected to grow 7% from 2021 to 2031 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics…
Happy National Nurses Week!
Nurses are the backbone of healthcare organizations worldwide, providing essential care, comfort, and expertise to patients in a variety of settings. Their role extends far beyond administering medications and conducting procedures; nurses also serve as advocates, educators, and emotional support providers.
Tax Season Tips for Travel Nurses
To help make this tax season less frustrating for travel nurses, we’ve gathered six tips for the 2023 tax season. Read on to find out how to make your 2022 tax filings simpler and understand topics like travel nurse tax homes.